If you are looking for things to do in Burlington, we hope this list can spark some adventure ideas throughout the Green Mountain State for you and your loved ones. No matter if you are a local, visitor, or a destination expert there is always something new, fun, or different to try!
Here is a list of 50 ideas to help you get started adventuring throughout the Burlington area.
4) Spend your weekend exploring local farmers markets and sample the area's most local and delicious products.
5) Drink a beer at the nations second EVER Craft Brewpub - Vermont Pub & Brew. Looking to learn more? Check out this article on the history of brewing in Burlington.
6) Stop in at the Firehouse Art Gallery on Church Street and check out their rotating gallery.
9) Take a quick trip to the Ben & Jerry's Factory Tour, and explore the Ice Cream making process or checkout your old favorite flavors in the Flavor Graveyard!
10) Charter a fishing boat along Lake Champlain, world-class fishing for SmallMouth Bass, Lake Trout, Northern Pike, Landlocked Salmon and MORE
14) Explore the biodiversity of Lake Champlain at the Echo Leahy Center and experience over 70 live exhibits every day.
15) Stop down at Ice Cream Bob's on the waterfront for one of Vermont's special "Creemees" Remember though, Ice Cream Bob’s is cash only, if that happens to you thank goodness Burlington Bay is only steps away.
18) Visit the Shelburne Museum and walk the historic museum grounds, explore a number of exhibits, and even catch a glimpse of what life was like in the area from hundreds of years ago.
19) Every Monday night through the summer months is Battery Street Concert Series at Battery Park (Don't forget to pack a snack or hit up Beansies Bus for a hot dog and fries!)
20) Dine at the Honey Road on Church Street and explore a new dimension of tapas and other Mediterranean style entrées.
21) Hop on the Green Mountain Dinner Train and enjoy dinner and a ride along Lake Champlain and the Green Mountains
23) Go back in time at the Archives Bar and play an eclectic mix of classic arcade games while enjoying craft beer or mixed libations.
26) Tour one of many local craft breweries and learn the secrets behind Vermont IPAs.
27) Snap a picture of the Burlington sunset from the Burlington Waterfront
28) Check out the world-class A-Dog Skatepark along the Burlington Waterfront
29) Enjoy the product of local grapes and learn about the winemaking process in a northern climate. Or check out one of Burlington’s esteemed Wine Shops, like Wilder Wines
30) Take a hike in Vermont's Green Mountains and enjoy the view over the vast mountains and lakes
34) Swing down and check out the Burlington Surf Club, take a board out on the lake or take a dip into Lake Champlain
36) Get the gang together and check out Burlington Paint n Sip for a night of creativity, laughter, and togetherness.
40) Take a visit to the Cold Hollow Cider Mill and sample Vermont's best apple cider, and cider doughnuts
41) Take a gondola ride up Vermont's tallest peak, and grab a drink or a bite to eat at the Cliff House.
45) Watch a comedy show at the Vermont Comedy Club
46) Visit the Fleming Museum of Art and appreciate a number of pieces of art on exhibit
49) After a large snow storm, try urban cross-country skiing along the streets of downtown Burlington
50) Hop on a Segway Tour of the city and don't worry about walking up-hill through a historic and eye-opening tour of the city.