Saint Michael's College
Saint Michael's College is a Catholic institution known for its inclusivity, welcoming students from diverse faith backgrounds, cultures, and identities. Embracing the principle of "faith in action," students actively engage in service throughout their academic journey. The campus offers a fully residential experience, ensuring a dynamic and vibrant community with a wide range of activities, clubs, and events available seven days a week. At Saint Michael's College, students consistently display high levels of engagement, not only with their peers but also with their coursework, faculty, clubs, and issues of personal importance.
As a liberal arts college, intellectual growth is fostered by encouraging students to explore a broad array of disciplines in addition to their chosen majors. Flexibility in academic programs enables students to pursue second majors or multiple minors, allowing them to delve into their passions and become better prepared for a constantly evolving job market.
ABOUT ST. MICHAEL'S
Saint Michael's College is located in Colchester, Vermont and presents a unique experience for perspective students looking for not only a beautiful campus, but an amazing educational institution. Nestled just minutes from downtown Burlington, the 440-acre campus hosts a diverse student body. Around 1,400 students make up this inclusive community, coming from 21 states and 15 countries. The gender balance leans slightly towards women, at 55%, leaving 45% men. The faculty, 83% of whom hold the highest degree in their field, is dedicated and full-time. An intimate academic experience is ensured with an average class size of 18 and a student-faculty ratio of 10:1.
The academic opportunities are robust, featuring over 40 majors alongside an Honors Program, and opportunities for independent research and internships. Beyond academics, Saint Michael’s buzzes with life, offering more than 40 student organizations, 21 NCAA Division II varsity teams, and plenty of intramural programs. The majority of students—92%, in fact—live on campus, where housing is guaranteed for a full four years.
Student Life at St. Mikes is a tremendous experience. Find yourself studying in the library on a snowy afternoon, or stretched out on the lawn for a sunny fall Saturday. With guaranteed on-campus living for all students, this provides an all-encompassing feel to your college experience. With a number of on-campus and off-campus activities, explore all the Saint Michaels has to offer.
Beyond academics, Saint Michael’s buzzes with life, offering more than 40 student organizations, 21 NCAA Division II varsity teams, and plenty of intramural programs. Join one of the many clubs available, or gather your friends and create your own team to compete. Join the Adventure Sports Center and explore the whitewater or take advantage of the premier performance venue and join in on the latest Arts & Performance events.